Sunday, March 09, 2014

Littler Britons - a project update

 Oh, it's been a while since I last posted. I've just been steadily pottering about with my various projects. As you can see, I've added a second unit of infantry here.
 Lord Cardigan personally leads a vedette of the 11th Hussars. No black bottles here!
 The band continues to practise. The brass section needs a little more bass.
The guns continue. I have a boduy of gunners on the go at the moment - a dear friend it busily sculpting spare arms for me. Thats as far as the lead mountain takes me for now. I did trade some plastic Spencer Smith ACW for some Paypal pounds which I've used to buy more. Expect to see the rest of the 11th before long and possibly a pontoon train from Fife and Drum as well as some 4Ground wagons. More infantry? Yes, of course, another two units. A ballon corps and a couple of engineer wagons would be nice, too.

5 comments:

Steve Gill said...

Excellent. Of all the efforts currently featured in blogland this army is definitely one of my favourites.

Old School ACW said...

Thank-you Steve. I've really tried hard for a particular effect with this army and I feel as though I'm pretty close to my self-imposed mark. I hope to as well with those FPW chaps.

Regards,

Greg

Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke said...

Yes, extremely fetching. . . if one can say such a thing about miniature military men and their mounts/equipment. I am, of course, partial to the 11th Hussars, so do be a good man, though, and hurry along with gathering and painting the rest. Kidding aside, they all look great.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I REALLY like the new guys in the dark blue trousers and helmets.

That hussar wearing a forage cap instead of his busby had better hope milord doesn't turn around and see him!

Old School ACW said...

I put it down to the declining standards generally today. people will be drinking lager beer directly from the bottle next, mark my words.

GW Regal Blue with a dollop of black does the trick.

Glad you like them.

Stokes, I will be kicking along with the 11th as soon as the castings arrive. I have the horses ready to go as we - ah - speak.