Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Few of my Favorite Things

Minots
 Over the past couple of years I have been building what I would describe as a collection of figures rather than a complete war-gaming army. Every now and then I come across small collections of quite well-painted vintage figures by Stadden, Willie or Minot. Painted or unpainted they may be and I try to snap them up; sometimes in the face of fairly stiff opposition!
Staddens
 I am very keen to leave them as much as possible in their original conditon if they are painted.
 They all seem to mix in quite well. A happy coincidence.
Willies
Staddens
 Sometimes they are quite familiar subjects like these staff officers.
 And sometimes they are not like this Minot(?) Emperor at his work.
 They also work well together.
 Some are not quite so felicitous, but what the hey.
Unpainted ones I am happy to paint at my no pace. As I have no goals for this collection I am quite happy to potter about, take the Funckens and my Blandfords as references and simply enjoy the work of the master craftsmen who made these delightful miniatures.

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Model or toy soldiers in any form, organized into wargame units, or otherwise, are wonderful though. I never tire of looking at them in books, or online. Oh, and by the way, just to reassure you. I am not a robot.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Hal Thinglum said...

Enjoy your blog. Your mention of Minot brought back memories from the 1970's or very early 80's when I tracked Mr. Minot down - much more difficult then by post only. I loved his Sudan figures and only had a limited number of them. He kindly offered to cast me more but I could not afford it at the time. Very nice figures!